As I lay, sequestrated by loneliness; with my future bleak and my thrive unknown
I awake wishing to feel the timeless; the cuddle of a mother, but greeted by the glints from a sun shone
Without the love of a father; emptiness is the song of my feverish body, am living as a clone.
I see my shine in further, and ugly birds in circled flight, and the whirl in the wind blown.
As I strain not to cry, my empty stomach rumbles, constrained to sleep, I forever weep.
My hush and my try, the wishes and the troubles, am consumed and my steps so steep.
Would the world feel my pain? To understand my state, being without love living with strain.
Flogged by the inclement rain, like a cold stranger in haste, with no guardian to refrain.
Now I’m cold without a spark, am degraded and a slack, I hide in the shadow; in the dark.
I was never like this; I had life with bliss, and memories of love I never lacked.
But bad things do occur, the change that makes thing worth having harder to loose.
Now I fear being outside, hopelessness travels alongside, all I have left and things harder to choose.
Someday my life will write a novel, an inspiration for the lonely, someone in my shoes.
Do not judge me, for I was never like this, I had life with bliss, but my life now predicts without clues.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Alone by collins annor )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(18 November 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Happy Birthday stranger, ice johnson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
Poem of the Day
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon