For as long as people have lived on earth
we were created alone
from the time of Adam
until the last man is born
we come into this world one by one
to fight our demons alone.
Alone we go through life until the day we die.
Nobody can read another's mind
and know his thoughts.
Alone we are in hopes and dreams
and everything that we do fear.
All the things that we desire
are trapped with in ourselves.
Who really understands what it means
to open up your heart,
to look inside
to know what makes a person tick.
Disappointments of life leave the soul bare
and bars the doors of the heart,
dries up all tears,
and people hide behind the masks of life.
I came into this world alone
but wasn't created to be lonely
and all of my words,
thoughts and wishes and dreams
I do share with you.
All the things that I do share
opens my heart up like a book
and you can see what is hiding in my mind
as God created us to be
alone but never lonely.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Lord Finchley, Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- Transported in Place, Lawrence Beck
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Seven Eleven, Nassy Fesharaki
- Synonyms For POET, Adriana Avila
- A Poem A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, Adriana Avila
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry