For as long as people have lived on earth
we were created alone
from the time of Adam
until the last man is born
we come into this world one by one
to fight our demons alone.
Alone we go through life until the day we die.
Nobody can read another's mind
and know his thoughts.
Alone we are in hopes and dreams
and everything that we do fear.
All the things that we desire
are trapped with in ourselves.
Who really understands what it means
to open up your heart,
to look inside
to know what makes a person tick.
Disappointments of life leave the soul bare
and bars the doors of the heart,
dries up all tears,
and people hide behind the masks of life.
I came into this world alone
but wasn't created to be lonely
and all of my words,
thoughts and wishes and dreams
I do share with you.
All the things that I do share
opens my heart up like a book
and you can see what is hiding in my mind
as God created us to be
alone but never lonely.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pharma, michael walkerjohn
- Finding Gold, douglas scotney
- My Thirst, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns