Alone In a Crowded Room
At first glance this kid doesn't apper 'different'.
He doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.
He is not likely to be the one wearing a pink tie to a black and white formal.
He does nothing to gain attention, but he seems to get it.
He is assertive but knows when to be aggressive.
He doesn't skip classes, or drink at high schools' parties.
He knows he thinks differently than everyone else.
He is an athlete, but doesn't fit the stereotypical role of'bullying jocks'
He is intelligent but not a 'geek'.
He is focused when others are not,
hard working when the world is lazy,
and fearless when the world is afraid.
Mentally he is a non conformist.
mentally he stands alone in a crowed room.
mentally he stands out like like a dove flying with a flock of crows, flying over the pale blue backdropp of the sky.
He thinks differently then others,
But he is nothing more than a 'normal' everyday high school kid.
icy storm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone In a Crowded Room by icy storm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal