Alone In a Crowded Room
At first glance this kid doesn't apper 'different'.
He doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.
He is not likely to be the one wearing a pink tie to a black and white formal.
He does nothing to gain attention, but he seems to get it.
He is assertive but knows when to be aggressive.
He doesn't skip classes, or drink at high schools' parties.
He knows he thinks differently than everyone else.
He is an athlete, but doesn't fit the stereotypical role of'bullying jocks'
He is intelligent but not a 'geek'.
He is focused when others are not,
hard working when the world is lazy,
and fearless when the world is afraid.
Mentally he is a non conformist.
mentally he stands alone in a crowed room.
mentally he stands out like like a dove flying with a flock of crows, flying over the pale blue backdropp of the sky.
He thinks differently then others,
But he is nothing more than a 'normal' everyday high school kid.
icy storm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone In a Crowded Room by icy storm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- On Looking Out The Window Of An Airoplane, Sambanath Denis
- Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Psalm 067, Forrest Hainline
- Who Will They Put In Charge of Vanishing.., mary douglas
- The Plow, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Tales Of A Wife: She Wants To Stay, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Rest my case, Nassy Fesharaki
- de tijd is een philosophie, co the skipper
- Coach journey home, Mark Heathcote
- Another Barn Burns (don't call 911) .., Monk E. Biz