Alpha males and safety.
Are you deaf mate? Why?
Because there's a sign there,
Can't you read?
Don't worry! It's my job!
Everyone that comes along here
For whatever reason
Good reasons, safety for one!
Has to follow the rules.
It's the law that's why!
Joking aren't you, you'll be ok?
'K, you a superhero or what?
Look mate, gotta go!
Man some people are from a diff'rent planet!
Now here's another one,
Oi! What are you doing? Get out of there!
Please can these people just listen?
Quittin' time, can't come soon enough,
Right see ya mate, yeah! Drive safe!
See you to t'morrow!
Thursday, yeah that's right!
Usually works Wednesday, swapped.
Vowed never to work weekends,
Weekdays long enough... For sure!
'X'llent money, but too much tax.
You're better off relaxing, sleeping in
Zzzzzzzs til at least 9. See ya.
Danny Draper 26/9/2012
Danny Draper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Alpha males and safety. by Danny Draper )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...