What is love but the voice of our heart,
Barely a whisper yet muse of all art.
What is life but a shadow of dreams,
More than we want and yet less than it seems.
What is hope but a wish kept from view,
Something once lost that can never come true.
What is faith but the light of the soul,
Guiding us on as we strive for control.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Altum Videtur by Arik Fletcher )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)