When I am standing still,
I can see that pathway
And the three running from me.
I feel triply betrayed.
I suppose the next time
I am in that pathway
And someone asks a question,
I should give an answer.
When I think of the reason,
When we were in the pathway,
That the others ran from me,
I can't believe they thought that.
A few misunderstandings and misconceptions,
And now everyone is running from me.
There are none who have stayed near me,
Everything is abnormal and beyond comprehension.
Sometimes I find myself running from everyone,
Craving the stillness and silence.
Sometimes I find myself looking for everyone,
Wanting anyone for anything.
Sometimes I am hiding from a certain person,
Fearing nothing more than their presence.
Sometimes I am looking for a certain person,
Wanting someone for everything.
I cannot believe they ran from me,
And they thought I was chasing after them.
I just turned and walked out of there,
But they are at the end of that pathway.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Always Running by Stephen Carey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper
- In Search Of Americans, Joe Sadeghloo
- Write down everything, gajanan mishra
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Soul Is A Traceless Wound, mary douglas
- A Pink Chalk Moon Rising Behind A Blue H.., mary douglas