Am I To Blame
A simple hug or a kiss, that would
have been enough;
to make me feel deserving,
of any type of love.
I've never received her affection, for
her heart she kept to herself;
and the emptiness and pain it caused, to
this day can still be felt.
During my childhood years, and even
now as an adult;
I blame myself for her lack of
love, as if it were my fault.
Yet I still remember my anger,
directed completely her way;
for in my Mother's eyes, I was
a mistake that she had made.
Yet throughout the years of my
childhood, and even to this very day;
I feel as if it were all my fault,
that I brought my Mother such shame.
Ruth warren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Am I To Blame by Ruth warren )
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry