I am ambergris. I smell good.
The ancient peoples cherished me.
During the Plague folks thought I could
Sweet smell away fatality.
An aphrodesiac for some.
For some a fix for common cold.
Into whatever lives I come,
I soothe senses of young and old.
Perfume makers do pay big bucks
To buy my craved for perfume scents,
That I bring to bottles - aw shucks!
Cuz I come from humble expense.
I am ambergris, smell telltale.
I am the vomit from a whale.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ambergris by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz