Don’t say that word!
That filthy curse!
It breaks my heart to hear it.
Such finality, to the thousands of lives touched.
No sacrifice should ever cost so much.
For they are no longer here, to live happily beside us.
So I beg you please, do not speak that word of dust.
For this is not the end of love,
So there shall be no Amen, at the end of this poem.
You are forever in my heart;
You are simply there to make us smile.
When this world becomes too dark;
You creep out of the blue inside me
And once more I can raise a smile.
For I see you watching over us,
At your funeral of love.
I see your love in each of us,
Now the tears have been replaced, with memories of love.
So God, you take good care of her,
Or she will put the world to rights.
Just make sure she’s there to meet me,
As I walk through those pearly gates.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amen by AaI Harvey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma
- i still weep for June~, Mandolyn ...
- Uncombed Sanctity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak