America Lives (Written at age 14)
For you and for me,
With all she can give,
On land and on sea.
She has a grand flag of red white and blue,
She has her storms her droughts and her showers
She isn’t very old, in fact she’s quite new,
She’s even one of the world great powers.
We have been in many wars, yes so many,
Yet all through this America thrives,
Then in the end, we can give not a penny,
Yet we fight on and give up our lives.
Our lives that we love so dear, we give,
Just so that our great country,
Can, and does live.
Sandra Osborne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (America Lives (Written at age 14) by Sandra Osborne )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Summer Children, Edgar Albert Guest
- Yes?, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- To The Humble, Edgar Albert Guest
- Disappearing Act, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Caught, Diane Hine
- Since Jessie Died, Edgar Albert Guest
- When Father Played Baseball, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Fishing Outfit, Edgar Albert Guest
- Where Somebody Died, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Unimportant Differences, Edgar Albert Guest