An American Prayer
I’m gonna kill, rape and plunder
cause I do what I’m told to do.
My government would never lie,
so I do what I’m told to do.
There are little, brown people
who want to hurt me and you;
so I kill, rape and plunder
and do what I’m told to do.
Well, I kill, rape and plunder
so the rich get what they’re due.
I shut my ears to the screams
of the children that I've slew.
Well, they’re just godless heathens
who don’t believe in good like me and you;
It’s alright to kill’em
before they kill me and you.
They hate us for our freedoms-
not because we bomb them night and day
or starve them into submission-
it’s our Christian duty that we slay.
And so I kill, rape and plunder
and do what I’m told to do
cause I’m a loyal American
and I do what God tells me to.
kendall thomas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An American Prayer by kendall thomas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso
- Treasure Box, Adonis Enricuso
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper