An Australian Tragedy: Almost Limerickal
A curious, non-ideological guy
Was rolled by a dogmatist high,
Whose glaring mistakes
Outshone all her takes,
To the mirth of the curious guy.
Talk said she herself should be rolled
Before she was popularly polled.
To be fair, as replacement, talk chose
The curious guy who picks ear, and who knows,
He couldn't work with his confreres of old.
Plotting some other way
That would be sure to make her pay,
Talk ignored an abbot's non-caring
(Talk fodder in his Age of Paring) ,
And fearing what she said
(that she'd trump them) ,
Hounded poor Kevin till he topped himself
A month before polling day.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Australian Tragedy: Almost Limerickal by douglas scotney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Norman Doesn't Go to Ferguson, Missouri, Donal Mahoney
- طائر الرعد, سميح القاسم
- تقدموا, سميح القاسم
- Fearless, Omar Eldamsheety
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine