An Elegy of My Lost Family
Our beautiful home is already dead,
And miss the words of my family where I played.
I prayed to Jesus Christ the Master of love and light.
Spare me another moment to live,
To sacrifice the home where my family stayed.
Our home was not totally cured,
But still I love and sacrifice them,
So that our family and our home became fruitful.
Where all our experiences stayed at our home,
And we are now happy and silently lived.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Elegy of My Lost Family by Jesell Cabeltis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Men, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads