Just an innocent maden,
walks around the world,
Only in her childhood-
When all is rosy, pink in here eyes.
She sees that good, all over lies.
No one spoke to her about the evil
That might meet her in her journey.
She will not accept to see
For her, only beauty is free
She looks the world into the face-
With her naivity, she will only see grace
She bears a message in her heart
'It is better to be naif
Than to see the world's evil and greif'
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Inncocent by Maya Took )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Dreams Of Youth, Edgar Albert Guest
- On Station Farewells, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Bank Roll, Edgar Albert Guest
- Comradeship, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ode to Breeze, Sourabh Mishra
- The Choir At Pixley, Edgar Albert Guest
- Good Friday, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Neighbors, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Tempters, Edgar Albert Guest
- Wie er om vroeg?, Madrason writer