John Donne (24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631 / London, England)
An Obscure Writer
Philo with twelve years' study hath been grieved
To be understood ; when will he be believed?
Submitted: Friday, April 09, 2010
Edited: Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Poet Other Poems
- A Burnt Ship
- A dialogue between Sir Henry Wootton and...
- A Fever
- A Hymn To Christ At The Author's Last Go...
- A Hymn To God The Father
- A Jet Ring Sent
- A Lame Beggar
- A Lecture Upon The Shadow
- A Licentious Person
- A Litany
- A Nocturnal Upon St. Lucy's Day, Being T...
- A Self Accuser
- A Sheaf Of Snakes Used Heretofore To Be ...
- A Valediction Of Weeping
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.