On the restless seas with Reaper's wind,
the ship hauls and mounts the waters; floating
off the tides of stormy waves;
and all through the dark, their gales
spiral with icy breath;
caressing the prow and parting the liquid.
The moon dwindles; lighting the dawn,
while the sea rises and mirrors the stars;
(they shine as jewels; fair and constant)
never fading with their golden stares but
shining bright above the eye of horizon.
The ship thrashes. The waters whirl.
Mist shrouds and wraps the darkness;
as through the night, the rain's mantra
lashes the mast
and crows shriek in thunderous sky.
Stabbing the seas and freezing the lands;
the ship hauls through their Reaper's touch
towards the eyes of orange horizon.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Odyssey by Ell Ell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THE PRETTY SHORES IN YOUR EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Sounds Of Sorrow, Midnights Voice
- Breathless, Chelsy Schuman
- daily sports pun, lee fones
- humpback whales doing stuff in the ocean, Mandolyn Wind
- Your Difficult Test, Mark Kosek
- New Orleans Cries, Monica Lanier
- The Heat of the Sun, Jacqueline Nash
- the desert knows whats up, Mandolyn Wind
- When the Moon Descends, F. J. Thomas