An old friend
The day ends and he asks
'Didn't you write anything today? '
To me, that's not an inquiry
No merely a question
Not even a formality
One does to keep a friend
And I think back
Why haven't I written about this yet
About this man
Who doesn't only read my write,
Not all the times everyone does.
Appreciates me the most,
Not when I don't deserve.
Enjoys my oddness in public,
Not when I try faking it
Listens to my long stupid stories,
Who is obsessed with me,
Only when I make him feel proud.
Who reminds me who I am
Every time I forget.
Why haven't I yet talked about this to my pen
That There's someone
who was there when nobody was,
who will be there even when
I won't be there for myself,
He knows the inside of me,
He cares enough to slap me
When I set the bar of my life lower.
He is an old friend <3
Our friendship is time,
Our friendship is eternity.
Elisha Chhabra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An old friend by Elisha Chhabra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- ZZ Companies Using Sugar Burn Animals Al.., Saiom Shriver
- starry smile, Eva Tortora
- lit up ocean, Eva Tortora
- A Boy's Dream (Sad), Manauwer Raza
- blue moon orange, Eva Tortora
- Lone gypsy 2, Nalini Chaturvedi
- an angle of angels........................, Eva Tortora
- a mile of music ~!, Eva Tortora
- walk with me, Eva Tortora
- petals in the sand......................., Eva Tortora