Joseph T. Renaldi
An Old Soldier's Closet
The old soldier's closet holds memorabilia
in which he enjoys to reminisce and browse,
and thoughts of his military service to the
Nation gradually begins to rouse.
This is a closet where moth balls abound
with hangers of uniforms from former bases
still neatly pressed and offering him
an imaginary trip to former world places.
The old soldier's uniforms hanging there
suggests an earlier military styling
and instantly his present thoughts
with his past service is reconciling.
Staring at all the military paraphernalia
transfers him from this modern plane -
with teary eyes and a spirit of humbleness,
he is a dedicated soldier again.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Old Soldier's Closet by Joseph T. Renaldi )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II