James B. Earley (5 April 1934 / Mounds, Il)
An Ounce Of Crack
All around us
Youths are dying
Victimized by greed
Of a WALL STREET kind
..An ounce of crack
This 'War On Drugs'
..Is it really that
Some answers to find
Rid the Nation this Cancer
At the source..of the crime
Government, for whatever reason, seems completely disinterested toward addressing the devastating impact of 'illicit drug trafficking' pervasive throughout our Nation! This epidemic would not possibly survive absent two key ingredients, sourcing and distribution.
Poet Other Poems
- A Dream...Deferred.........Perhaps
- A Letter.....For Mary
- A Mountain Speaks
- A 'Tea Party' Maligned......Perhaps
- A Valentine's Moment.....The Epiphany
- A Vision Of Home
- A Wednesday Noon........As I Recall
- Absent Theft..Is It Possible To Amass......
- African Brother
- America's Quandary In A Nutshell - Owsle...
- An Epitaph.....I Stumbled......Across
- An Ounce Of Crack
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.