An Unheard Voice
Deep down in the abyss of life lies
A voice which is seldom heard;
To soar beyond bondage, it always tries
Far from being a captured bird.
Secluded from the thrills of meaning
We rarely give this voice a chance,
The walls of wisdom on which we are leaning
We rarely give our longings-a glance.
We trod through the runaway of life in haste
Leaving aside the baggage of our belongings,
A delicious unknown experience we taste
When we later come and visit this longings.
In the spring of yesteryears we find
The bliss of company, the sorrow of isolation
The voice in our hearts always reminds
What lies ahead in our unattained destination.
The voice is like an ocean with its waves
Near its shore- we loom, we remain;
Before stumbling our foot into our graves
Let’s hear our voices to escape disdain..
Abhishek Pramanik's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Unheard Voice by Abhishek Pramanik )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- chibok girls, ademola oluwabusayo
- Inaudible Words, Naveed Akram
- Russell's Loss, Paul Hartal
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi