From Birth To Dust
The biggest truth of our lives is this
We transition from birth to dust,
The soul shall feel despair and bliss
Neither love shall remain, nor any random lust.
All our pangs and all our gains
Shall get buried within the dirt;
From dryness to showery rains
Existence shall receive but an ounce of earth.
The graves and the funeral tolls
The weepings and the tears that flow,
Life like a mad and maiden brook rolls
From despair to glee, all in one go.
Dear ones whom we grasped so hard
We have to one day be apart from them,
This flesh will be burned and charred
Only the soul in us shall remain solemn.
For this is the rule, this is the law
This is Almighty’s grace and is His wonder,
Those unique amazements that the soul hath saw
In dear Heaven it shall brood and ponder.
Abhishek Pramanik's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (From Birth To Dust by Abhishek Pramanik )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Sonnets for Five Seasons, Anne Stevenson
- Salter's Gate, Anne Stevenson
- A WONDROUS MOMENT., Om Chawla
- Innocence and Experience, Anne Stevenson
- Inheriting My Grandmother's Nightmare, Anne Stevenson
- Time management, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Violation, Tiku akp
- So Much Depends Upon, Frank Avon
- Forgotten of the Foot, Anne Stevenson
- तेरे हाथों की मेहदी... ere hathonki, hasmukh amathalal