Glen Martin Fitch
AND MY GOD SAID (PART 1)
And I am love.
And I am near.
You have a mission to fulfill,
The ‘What? ’ or ‘When? ’ or ‘Why? ’
you needn’t hear.
When stymied, stop, and pray.
You'll know what's right.
I also promise you:
You will not face more grief
than you can stand.
Yes, pain's your lot.
Mistakes are how you learn
You can embrace your tasks
You are that strong,
though fear you're not.
You doubt me
Every hurt seems my betrayal.
You think me angry.
Dread I wish you ill.
Before you were,
I loved you,
And I will forgive you, too,
before you fail.
As I forgive,
Be true to Love
and love yourself,
as I love you.“
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AND MY GOD SAID (PART 1) by Glen Martin Fitch )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Bright Glow, Joyce Hemsley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Very Short Song, Dorothy Parker
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)