Angel of Honesty
When I look at you,
My insides writhe together,
My stomach has a lurching feeling,
Butterflies fly around it,
And my heart beats faster,
Often skipping a beat.
When I look at your blond hair,
I think of the sun,
And its radiance,
And its beauty that it possesses.
When I look into your eyes,
I think of the lake and the sky,
And all its refreshing radiance.
I see your vibrant soul through them,
And I see the vivacity,
Singing ballads through your blue irises.
And I know that affection is in them,
In some way or another,
And I see the eyes of Guinevere,
Which are very like your own.
But when you smile,
My mood is uplifted,
And my heart races,
And I feel as light as a feather,
As if I'm flying through the air,
Free with you,
And feeling everything great,
For your smile brightens everyone's hearts.
I will tell you, my angel,
I care about you,
And I know you have had rough times,
But I will stand by you.
I know what you are going through,
For I have been there myself,
And I am aware of the healing process,
And I will be there always.
I know you are recovering,
And I understand that,
But due to the nature of my good heart,
I will help you stand your trial.
However, I know I am a fool,
For I know you don't feel the same,
But I would be a fool not to say it,
So, I will openly admit it,
I love you,
In every way possible.
I am but a buffoon,
And I understand that,
But a girl will never fall for me,
Especially you, my angel.
I don't have much to offer,
For 'tis why there's not interest,
And many of them hated me,
So there's not much left unsaid.
But, as a loyal friend,
And because of my own heart,
I will stand beside you,
No matter what it takes.
I will counsel you whenever necessary,
And I will be there for you,
And I will always be there,
No matter what the cost.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel of Honesty by Justin Reamer )
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
- Disappearing Wings, Prasad Natarajan
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
- The Rain Falls On The Hill Above, Dennis Lange
- A Mirror, Margaret Alice Second
- Corners Of The Mouth, Saiom Shriver
- Lower Bunk Karma, Saiom Shriver
- Riddle Poem, Kiera Price
- Love is Sacrifice, Paul Sebastian
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)