Angel of Honesty
When I look at you,
My insides writhe together,
My stomach has a lurching feeling,
Butterflies fly around it,
And my heart beats faster,
Often skipping a beat.
When I look at your blond hair,
I think of the sun,
And its radiance,
And its beauty that it possesses.
When I look into your eyes,
I think of the lake and the sky,
And all its refreshing radiance.
I see your vibrant soul through them,
And I see the vivacity,
Singing ballads through your blue irises.
And I know that affection is in them,
In some way or another,
And I see the eyes of Guinevere,
Which are very like your own.
But when you smile,
My mood is uplifted,
And my heart races,
And I feel as light as a feather,
As if I'm flying through the air,
Free with you,
And feeling everything great,
For your smile brightens everyone's hearts.
I will tell you, my angel,
I care about you,
And I know you have had rough times,
But I will stand by you.
I know what you are going through,
For I have been there myself,
And I am aware of the healing process,
And I will be there always.
I know you are recovering,
And I understand that,
But due to the nature of my good heart,
I will help you stand your trial.
However, I know I am a fool,
For I know you don't feel the same,
But I would be a fool not to say it,
So, I will openly admit it,
I love you,
In every way possible.
I am but a buffoon,
And I understand that,
But a girl will never fall for me,
Especially you, my angel.
I don't have much to offer,
For 'tis why there's not interest,
And many of them hated me,
So there's not much left unsaid.
But, as a loyal friend,
And because of my own heart,
I will stand beside you,
No matter what it takes.
I will counsel you whenever necessary,
And I will be there for you,
And I will always be there,
No matter what the cost.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel of Honesty by Justin Reamer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
- (Adi Sankara) 07 Sankara's works, Rajaram Ramachandran
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- She Came to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer
- For violating state law, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- De optelsom van al het Kwaad, Madrason writer
- Summer, Jordy lustig
- Once More, Ahmad Husain