Angel of Honesty
When I look at you,
My insides writhe together,
My stomach has a lurching feeling,
Butterflies fly around it,
And my heart beats faster,
Often skipping a beat.
When I look at your blond hair,
I think of the sun,
And its radiance,
And its beauty that it possesses.
When I look into your eyes,
I think of the lake and the sky,
And all its refreshing radiance.
I see your vibrant soul through them,
And I see the vivacity,
Singing ballads through your blue irises.
And I know that affection is in them,
In some way or another,
And I see the eyes of Guinevere,
Which are very like your own.
But when you smile,
My mood is uplifted,
And my heart races,
And I feel as light as a feather,
As if I'm flying through the air,
Free with you,
And feeling everything great,
For your smile brightens everyone's hearts.
I will tell you, my angel,
I care about you,
And I know you have had rough times,
But I will stand by you.
I know what you are going through,
For I have been there myself,
And I am aware of the healing process,
And I will be there always.
I know you are recovering,
And I understand that,
But due to the nature of my good heart,
I will help you stand your trial.
However, I know I am a fool,
For I know you don't feel the same,
But I would be a fool not to say it,
So, I will openly admit it,
I love you,
In every way possible.
I am but a buffoon,
And I understand that,
But a girl will never fall for me,
Especially you, my angel.
I don't have much to offer,
For 'tis why there's not interest,
And many of them hated me,
So there's not much left unsaid.
But, as a loyal friend,
And because of my own heart,
I will stand beside you,
No matter what it takes.
I will counsel you whenever necessary,
And I will be there for you,
And I will always be there,
No matter what the cost.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel of Honesty by Justin Reamer )
- Her Pain I Understand, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoyan Observations, Mark R. Elias
- Our current world عالمنا الحالي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Incas, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fellow Lovers, Saiom Shriver
- Dark October Skies, Lilly Emery
- In den vreemde, Madrason writer
- SOLVING THE OLD CONUNDRUM THAT ASKS WHIC.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)