Angel Of Love
That bright summer day, in the woods by the sea
I stepped into a new world, unsure of what it would be
Shy and coy
Awaiting the joy
Of cognizance, acquaintance and merry company.
In a corner, quiet and forlorn
Who was that observing...! ! An angel adorned
Loving eyes and a determined will
Conquering my heart, making me fragile;
A new curiosity was born.
Stranger at first, friend at the next
Best friends forever, too much of a haste..? ?
Playing and teasing
Fighting and reconciling
Was it friendship or love, the ardous quest...
Amnesty for emotions, and thoughts rationale,
Abstaining, aplomb a long forgotten tale
Emotive and passionate
Gluttony and sentiment
Struck by cupid, arrow impale.
Pondering over what brought you to me
Fascinating dreams, smothering me in wild fantasy
Embracing and emblazoned
In the dark of the night, into my world of reality.
Melting at your touch, and passions growing within
Whispering softly, my journey of love begins
I love you, I miss you
I want you, I need you
Words unspoken and eyes expressing, my very own rush of adrenaline.
This sweet sensation, both burning with desire
So ephemeral and ethereal, your unholy fire
This mystical bliss,
The unfathomable kiss
Wrapped in your arms, lift me to your heavenly empire.
I can't live without you, I love you from my heart.
Coz u were more than a friend, I knew from the start.
In dreams and in thoughts
The reason why my heart never stops
This love will stay engraved in golden sands of time, my Angel and me cannot be apart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel Of Love by Pooja Sharma )
- Consolation, Aparna Chatterjee
- Lifeless, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unnatural Apologie of Shadows, Nathalie Handal
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)