Angel Of Love
That bright summer day, in the woods by the sea
I stepped into a new world, unsure of what it would be
Shy and coy
Awaiting the joy
Of cognizance, acquaintance and merry company.
In a corner, quiet and forlorn
Who was that observing...! ! An angel adorned
Loving eyes and a determined will
Conquering my heart, making me fragile;
A new curiosity was born.
Stranger at first, friend at the next
Best friends forever, too much of a haste..? ?
Playing and teasing
Fighting and reconciling
Was it friendship or love, the ardous quest...
Amnesty for emotions, and thoughts rationale,
Abstaining, aplomb a long forgotten tale
Emotive and passionate
Gluttony and sentiment
Struck by cupid, arrow impale.
Pondering over what brought you to me
Fascinating dreams, smothering me in wild fantasy
Embracing and emblazoned
In the dark of the night, into my world of reality.
Melting at your touch, and passions growing within
Whispering softly, my journey of love begins
I love you, I miss you
I want you, I need you
Words unspoken and eyes expressing, my very own rush of adrenaline.
This sweet sensation, both burning with desire
So ephemeral and ethereal, your unholy fire
This mystical bliss,
The unfathomable kiss
Wrapped in your arms, lift me to your heavenly empire.
I can't live without you, I love you from my heart.
Coz u were more than a friend, I knew from the start.
In dreams and in thoughts
The reason why my heart never stops
This love will stay engraved in golden sands of time, my Angel and me cannot be apart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel Of Love by Pooja Sharma )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Pact, Ezra Pound
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Are You Drinking?, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies