Angel of no regrets
I rememeber that night when death was so near.
I remember being in your arms whispering in your ear.
I remember the tear filled eyes and unhappy faces.
Thinking to myself ' why here of all places? '
It happened oh so quickly my life began to fade.
I didnt see the light only a darkening shade.
My eyes began to close and I couldnt see your room.
The mistakes I made had brought me my doom.
You could see my life ending begging me to hang on.
But I couldnt stop my death no matter how wrong.
And you heard my heart stop beating but you wanted not to cry.
As your sympathetic whispers told a tale of bad goodbyes.
And as my soul drifted into a place no one knows.
You went to my grave and placed one lonely rose.
But I could see it all as i watched over you.
Trying to show that youre wish came true.
I did live on but not the way you'd exspect.
My soul your angel of no regrets.
Btw The second couplet in the third stanza was from Hailey Turmans poem only a memory
Silence Dogood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel of no regrets by Silence Dogood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Goodbye, Rockford, Michael Shutt
- First Memory of Urinals, Roger A. Rose
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham