Angel of no regrets
I rememeber that night when death was so near.
I remember being in your arms whispering in your ear.
I remember the tear filled eyes and unhappy faces.
Thinking to myself ' why here of all places? '
It happened oh so quickly my life began to fade.
I didnt see the light only a darkening shade.
My eyes began to close and I couldnt see your room.
The mistakes I made had brought me my doom.
You could see my life ending begging me to hang on.
But I couldnt stop my death no matter how wrong.
And you heard my heart stop beating but you wanted not to cry.
As your sympathetic whispers told a tale of bad goodbyes.
And as my soul drifted into a place no one knows.
You went to my grave and placed one lonely rose.
But I could see it all as i watched over you.
Trying to show that youre wish came true.
I did live on but not the way you'd exspect.
My soul your angel of no regrets.
Btw The second couplet in the third stanza was from Hailey Turmans poem only a memory
Silence Dogood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel of no regrets by Silence Dogood )
- Versatility is a unique quality!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Paper slip, hasmukh amathalal
- SHADES OF LOVE, sherif monem
- A Shoulder to Weep, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Help me I am here, Dustin Hardin
- Into your kingdom, hasmukh amathalal
- High rise, hasmukh amathalal
- Before Death, Ajaeyy Raaj
- the toothless Tiger Dynasties, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Spray, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)