Angel of no regrets
I rememeber that night when death was so near.
I remember being in your arms whispering in your ear.
I remember the tear filled eyes and unhappy faces.
Thinking to myself ' why here of all places? '
It happened oh so quickly my life began to fade.
I didnt see the light only a darkening shade.
My eyes began to close and I couldnt see your room.
The mistakes I made had brought me my doom.
You could see my life ending begging me to hang on.
But I couldnt stop my death no matter how wrong.
And you heard my heart stop beating but you wanted not to cry.
As your sympathetic whispers told a tale of bad goodbyes.
And as my soul drifted into a place no one knows.
You went to my grave and placed one lonely rose.
But I could see it all as i watched over you.
Trying to show that youre wish came true.
I did live on but not the way you'd exspect.
My soul your angel of no regrets.
Btw The second couplet in the third stanza was from Hailey Turmans poem only a memory
Silence Dogood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel of no regrets by Silence Dogood )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Home They Brought Her Warrior Dead, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Christmas Day In the Workhouse, George Robert Sims
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Road Warriors, Charles Wright
- The Human Quagmire, Lukas Sotola
- Lunacy, Lukas Sotola
- Lovely place as heaven, hasmukh amathalal
- Fear of Death, Lukas Sotola
- Of our condition little we know, Lukas Sotola
- The Illusory Driver, Lukas Sotola
- कहो क्या हो, जो मेरा दिल तुम्हे मुमताज़ क.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- the kingdom is born, ademola oluwabusayo
- Haiku(Christmas), Aftab Alam