Beneath the barricades of lotus fronds
and flowers, lurks beauty, brains
all watching the goddess of shadows
seeking respite from the burning sun
and banter of imagery that clings
delicately to the fabric of questions
Once in a while the curtains draw
and a face appears. smiling, seeking
showing a glimpse of magical moments
tempting, teasing, wonderful
carved in a flash of inner beauty
that straddles the page
and withdraws back into the
folds of wonder.
' I bet the suspense is killing you! '
Who am I? ' She said sweetly.
I searched through all the pages of poetry
and people columns, ears to the ground
surging through swords and diamantes,
villanelles and wonders
swords and acrostics, aquatics
and wooded forests near tempered lakes
picnics and parks
and I watched the sunset settle
in a twilight sky of burgundy
and roses. All.
I did not find you heart beating
against my chest
or my words echoing its hypnotic
trance against your ears!
Anonymous it will be.
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved, a month ag
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anonymous by Marshall Gass )
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- I am the time, Aftab Alam
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus