Robert Herrick (1591-1674 / London / England)
Another Grace For A Child
Here a little child I stand
Heaving up my either hand;
Cold as paddocks though they be,
Here I lift them up to Thee,
For a benison to fall
On our meat, and on us all. Amen.
Poet Other Poems
- A BUCOLIC BETWIXT TWO;LACON AND THYRSIS
- A CANTICLE TO APOLLO
- A Child's Grace
- A Christmas Carol, Sung to the King in t...
- A Conjuration To Electra
- A CONJURATION: TO ELECTRA
- A DIALOGUE BETWIXT HIMSELF AND MISTRESS ...
- A HYMN TO BACCHUS
- A Hymn To Love
- A HYMN TO THE GRACES
- A HYMN TO VENUS AND CUPID
- A Lyric to Mirth
- A MEAN IN OUR MEANS
- A MEDITATION FOR HIS MISTRESS
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.