Dante Gabriel Rossetti
OF her I thought who now is gone so far:
And, the thought passing over, to fall thence
Was like a fall from spirit into sense
Or from the heaven of heavens to sun and star.
None other than Love's self ordained the bar
'Twixt her and me; so that if, going hence,
I met her, it could only seem a dense
Film of the brain,—just nought, as phantoms are.
Now when I passed your threshold and came in,
And glanced where you were sitting, and did see
Your tresses in these braids and your hands thus,—
I knew that other figure, grieved and thin,
That seemed there, yea that was there, could not be,
Though like God's wrath it stood dividing us.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Love by Dante Gabriel Rossetti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Festival for unity(Republic -Day Celebra.., Aftab Alam
- Love Note 5, Michael P. McParland
- Attempts for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE GREAT UNKNOWN - Determined the world, sEaN nOrTh
- A Small Rest 2, Michael P. McParland