Another Olympic Games For The Wealthy Only
Another Olympic games for the wealthy only doesn't life seem so unfair
In the Athens Olympic Stadium there won't be many there
Who live on a low income or struggle to get by on welfare
And who should win the medals why should I even care?
In life only the so called losers are those that interest me
The people who to circumstance must live in poverty
They won't be at the Olympics for to cheer their heroes on
Or to sigh in disappointment with hopes of a medal gone.
The Olympics ought to be re-named as the Games of Nationalistic Pride
And Athens 04 the destination of millionaires Worldwide
Waving their National flags and banners their patriotism on display
And that money speaks all languages is very relevant to today.
Another Olympic games for the wealthy only in a World of so much poverty
Just a vulgar show of wealth and Nationalistic pride at the opening and closing ceremony
And the have nots must feel content for to watch it on the t v
And which Nation's athletes are the most successful such things won't be worrying me.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Olympic Games For The Wealthy Only by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael