Mariam de Haan
The rose wilts,
Petal by petal.
The candle melts
Flicker by flicker.
The human ages
Wrinkle to wrinkle.
At each insult
Hate grows stronger.
But each smile
Makes the devil weaker.
And we thought
We would be together
But we knew it was never forever
Yet we said 'never say never'
But does forever last ever and ever?
Is reduced to dust.
The sea cucumber
Throws up his guts.
The photo is taken
Another fake pose.
Of a memory
You'll hold close.
The wind outside howls and whistles,
Spreading the leaves and the thistles.
While I spin in my chair,
Catching the momentum in my hair.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Another Poem by Mariam de Haan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prayer of a Tree, Bill Cantrell
- COPLA SESENTA Y UNO: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Niagara, Nassy Fesharaki
- ADEEB QUDSI, THE GREAT MEMORY اديب قدسي .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Purposeful Truths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- died in faith, kyvin nash
- A Lasting Rhythm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Raising Children Without Hatred, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Back In The Eighties, Anthony Di'anno
- Fires Of Blazing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak