On the hay stack lies my body
brought from the shooting range.
Brain dead, I exit, to watch
the blood drenched earth. Foot prints of eternity.
Window is shut. No light enters.
In tiers, the cadavers are lying in a heap
of stinks. Violence has brought the perfect
insult to bubbling life.
A naked truth sweeps the floor, burns
the statements of filthy peers. I was
young with small eyes, full of water,
in the face of crime, looking at the stars.
Death will walk on payments now.
History will ooze in spurts.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ANOTHER STROKE by Satish Verma )
- Having An Independent Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heaven is too far, Harold R Hunt Sr
- WOE! , PRINCE of DARKNESS, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Signs do not mean free., Harold R Hunt Sr
- You don't know shit., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Lightened In Dawn, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Kansas City Royals vs San Francisco Gian.., miami dupli
- Dispersion, ramesh rai
- Know This To Notice, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Press1, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)