The young prime minister is declaring war he looks righteous and
proud, his historical moment....We fight for the Libyan people,
but something disturbs me, the braying for one man’s blood.
The excitement of going to war, this lust for action sits deep in our
mind, jingoism brings its own political reward.
A just war? The man Kaddafi is an odious bully and oil supply must
be secured. But is it not also a selective war? People are being killed
in Yemen, an oil poor country; why not declaring war against their
For now the Israeli are busy building settlements on occupied land,
they know a democratic Middle East will shift the balance of power,
a united Arab world will demand it. So let the war commence, but
I regret our leaders look of, almost, sexual excitement when issuing
orders kill the enemy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (another War? by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Asked, Ronald Chapman
- God Looks in, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am The Sky, Ronald Chapman
- I Am Sunshine, Ronald Chapman
- I Am Falling (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- The clouds from the sky shall fail to sh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- I Am Cold And Wet, Ronald Chapman
- I Am A Cat, Ronald Chapman
- I Am Not Bad Luck. All I Want Is Love, Ronald Chapman
- How Can I Say These Words? (Secret Messa.., Ronald Chapman