I woke up this morning
scared and anxious.
I woke up with despair.
What ! A dangerous feeling.
God! Are you trying to tell me
If so, may it be clear.
I do not know, how or where
to relieve my despair.
I need strength, for my head
is throbbing from bursting tears.
If I may sing, let me sing.
If I must pray, let me pray.
For I need to relieve
Good morning may be, for
I have awaken, or I must say.
Thanks for even having this anxious despair!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anxious by Diane Jimenez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad