Then on full leg, but now be lame beggar
like knees on kneeling as in prayer could ask;
As fair not, be thees thirst; quenched with flames.
Soo deep I in guilt, soo heavy thees heart
in anguish for treachery on my part.
A stepping stone to prescient, i trampled.
A daffodil made sully out of purity.
Be thee the concerner, out of trust,
for solace given without gratitude in return;
I fall a victim!
But in the fresh rivers of apologies,
I drown in ablution, to pledge in contrite.
Agboyi Felix's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apologies by Agboyi Felix )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Carlos Drummond de Andrade
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Tiger, William Blake
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen