My mind becomes full of hatred
Flames the fire of revenge
Whenever I recall
That incident of April Fool.
What is the story
Do we all know?
May be knowingly or unknowingly
We are also celebrating.
They are celebrating this
And trying to make this globalized.
They want this April Fool
Be celebrated by the Muslims too.
In that April month
Those who killed innocent Muslims.
They are aggressor, spreading terror
Still killing in Iraq, Afghanistan.
No, no more
Innocents will not be crying
We will protect them
Lets see how they can kill again.
MAHMUD HASSAN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (APRIL FOOL? by MAHMUD HASSAN )
- Seal, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku ghazal (boond) हाइकू ग़ज़ल, S.D. TIWARI
- Behave like dog and not human, Aftab Alam
- A Pavane for the Nursery, William Jay Smith
- The Toaster, William Jay Smith
- The Floor and the Ceiling, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku (91-95), S.D. TIWARI
- Polar Bear, William Jay Smith
- Penguin, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku (81-90), S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)