Dr John Celes
Are These Then The Last Days?
We seem to live on earth in modern days,
When wheat cannot be freed from chaff always;
Most seem to wear a mask upon the face,
And lose the spiritual and heavenly gaze!
We seem to live in times of great peril,
When temptations come often from devil;
At times, we cannot know good from evil,
And many lament while a few revel!
We seem to live in times with future bleak,
When body, mind and spirit seem so weak;
Our trials and travail have reached a peak;
For human assistance, most of us seek.
We live in times when weeds outgrow the crop,
And robbers seem smarter than any cop;
Most human progress seems almost a flop;
The undeserving rise up to the top!
We rant and rave but nothing happens right;
We weep aloud but sops are not in sight;
We talk of peace but always try to fight;
We live in dark avoiding any light!
Have we not forgotten the God, most high?
Are we not dishonest and speak the lie?
Aren’t souls unprepared and afraid to die?
We dupe and lie, telling the end isn’t nigh!
But this is just beginning of the end;
No human being can the end portend;
To divine justice, all must one day bend;
The righteous souls, Christ Jesus will defend!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 28-07-2010
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are These Then The Last Days? by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra