Are They Just Thoughts?
My life is a number game
Counting the calories
A game with the cruellest punishment
Never winning or losing
It was a battle lost from the start
Gaining weight isn't an option
The only path left is the one to death
I don't want help, but at the same time I do
What do I chose?
The anorexic thought, or mine
I only feel good on an empty stomach
A full stomach is forbidden
Cutting myself of, from everyone
No one can help until I want help
When will I have the courage to ask?
Crying when I have gained
Crying when I ate
Crying when I have not punished
Crying to everything except losing weight
Every time I lose weight,
The fatter I feel
Standing in front of the mirror
Poking and prodding at the fat that I think is there
When will this end?
Which path will it be?
laura random's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Are They Just Thoughts? by laura random )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Triangle Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- In this city, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Silent Assassin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro