Are You Like Me?
Are you like me?
Do you get kicked when you are already down?
Do you stand tall when you feel like crying?
But no one knows or will know
Because I am the girl forgotten in the corner
That hears and sees everything
Yes, no one will know my feelings
Because when they do they kick me down harder than before
So, are you like me?
Rachel Finley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You Like Me? by Rachel Finley )
- Climbing Stairs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Today I Thought About You, Kyle Schlicher
- المسير الطويل, مالك حداد
- To Be Inside You, Kyle Schlicher
- You, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Nje portret dashurie kam mbetur..., skender iljaz braka
- Escape From - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Heartless Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- سأعطيك النهار الجميل, مالك حداد
- Everyday Options, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sunday Morning, Louis Macneice
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)