Are you willing?
Are you willing to be patient with me?
Do you promise things be like you say they’ll be?
Are you willing to wipe my tears and dry my eyes?
Do you promise not be like all the other guys?
Are you willing to hold me until I’m no longer scared?
Are you willing to share those things you’ve never shared?
Do you promise never to lie and always keep it real?
Can you promise to always try to understand how I feel?
Are you willing to jump through hoops for me?
At least until I know this is a safe place to be?
Do you want this as much as you say you do?
Can you swear you’ll never cheat and always stay true?
Do you love me enough to take your time?
Do you promise to come seek when I try to hide?
Do you swear you’re sure that I’m the one?
Do you promise to keep me second to none?
Do you promise never to leave?
Can you give me hope and help me believe?
Are you willing to put in work?
Are you the one to mend my hurt?
Do you promise not to change your mind?
Not to turn and leave me behind?
Do you promise not to change and treat me bad?
Can you promise not to add to the pain I’ve had?
Are you willing to wait until we’re married?
Are you willing to release all the weight I carry?
Will you love me forever, not just today?
Can you promise to do and mean what you say?
Can you promise you’ll still be here tomorrow?
Will you be here through my pain and all my sorrow?
Do you promise not to hurt me again?
Do you promise not to leave me like those other men?
Do you promise to allow me to be me?
Are you sure you can make me happy?
Do you promise to make me feel safe?
Are you willing to do whatever it takes?
Miss Thang's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are you willing? by Miss Thang )
- 'Samantha', Mpho Tsakata
- They do as they want, Nassy Fesharaki
- Oh, Dani, Mr. Spock
- The Day Will Come, Mitta Xinindlu
- Unrequited Love, Amber Carr
- Easy It Is To Forget, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loving Is A Wish, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- just done, Rachelle Langley
- You Sheep I Blame, Rocky Wolfbanger
- Additament Amour Apier, Louis Borgo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)