Armaments which affect the health of a husband!
The one, woman, who stands before the husband
Making him extremely angry by words and deeds
Is similar to ‘Yama’ (God of death) !
The one, woman, who is not entering
Into the kitchen in the early morning,
To prepare food for the bread earning husband
Is like a deadly disease to her husband!
The one, woman, who eats herself alone
Whatever she cooked without serving to
Her husband is a living demon in the home!
These three attitudes of a woman
Are the armaments which affect the health
Of her husband and may lead to his death!
- - - - - - -
It happened recently in Bangalore,
The wordy quarrel between husband and wife!
(May be wife provoked)
Both are IT professionals!
Mentally disturbed Husband
Stabbed and killed his wife,
Jumped from 13th floor,
Ended his life too!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
எறியென் றெதிர்நிற்பாள் கூற்றம்; சிறுகாலை
அட்டில் புகாதாள் அரும்பிணி; - அட்டதனை
உண்டி யுதவாதாள் இல்வாழ்பேய்; - இம்மூவர்
கொண்டானைக் கொல்லும் படை.363
நாலடியார் – பொருட்பால் அதிகாரம் 37. பன்னெறி
Comments about this poem (Armaments which affect the health of a husband! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Deep in my Soul, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Orange Has A Shadow, Saiom Shriver
- I'm Screaming Inside, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Wisdom, Forgiveness & Love., Tom Zart
- Not Divisive But Divine, Saiom Shriver
- Heart-Song of Mattie Stepanek*, Tushar Ray
- Singing Rain, Saiom Shriver
- Sometimes, Aslam Marikar
- The Confession, Aslam Marikar
- Resolutions, Gordon Ayisi