Valsa George Poems
- Acrostic Poems Earthquakes: E-arth shudders on its ...
- Limerick.22. Duty Bound A patient to a doctor said so ...
- Limerick.23. Precaution A naughty porcupine lives on a ...
- Limerick.24. Caution Guard your tongue before words you ...
- A Mother's Prayer For Her Daug... As days and months speeded...
- On The Sea Shore In the warmth of a summer sunset I sat idle...
- A Beautiful Day Today is the beautiful New Year day With the...
My encounter with poetry was sudden. I didnt write a single poem till 2007. It was the fatal year when I happened to be bedridden for about four months. Obviously I was quite depressed. To while away my time, I started scribbling something and I felt what I wrote made sense and that was my first poem-The Great Escape. It was making myself convinced that my life was not meant to be languished in despair. It had such poignancy and depth of feeling..as it came directly from my heart!
Sensitive by nature, small things can excite me. Nature with her myriad faces has been my greatest inspiration. I am tied down to my family and with moderate comforts, I am happy in life. Retired from a... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
E-arth shudders on its hinge
A-ll experience that terrific punch
R-oads crack and traffic stops
T-remors rock and havoc wreaks
H-orror strikes and rubble heaps
Q-uest to save the trapped turns in vain
U-nder the rubble, men scream in pain
A-fter shocks and seismic waves,
K-illing thousands, the disaster leaves.
E-ngulfing gloom swallows the Earth
S-ky high dreams, shattered in death!
G-hastly noises heard around
H-aunted houses with thickets surround
O-ld castles where mysteries abound
S-tarved faces ...