We greet a spring-like dawning
Leading to a distinctive day.
Sonnets are having their say.
Lyrical prose brings forth the red rose
And memories of love start to sway
To the rhythm of birdsong in May.
Ars Poetica showing the way.
I'll hear you whisper in rhyme
As long as pretty bells chime
For I know you simply adore me.
You are the one in rain or sun
You are life's spiritual story
Steeped in lyrical glory.
With sweetness of birdsong in May
Ars Poetica is showing the way.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ars Poetica by Joyce Hemsley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fight On, Maurice Harris
- LEARNING about the toxicity of your fart.., RIC S. BASTASA
- the life we still live...., RIC S. BASTASA
- you are neither changed nor diminished, RIC S. BASTASA
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda