We greet a spring-like dawning
Leading to a distinctive day.
Sonnets are having their say.
Lyrical prose brings forth the red rose
And memories of love start to sway
To the rhythm of birdsong in May.
Ars Poetica showing the way.
I'll hear you whisper in rhyme
As long as pretty bells chime
For I know you simply adore me.
You are the one in rain or sun
You are life's spiritual story
Steeped in lyrical glory.
With sweetness of birdsong in May
Ars Poetica is showing the way.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ars Poetica by Joyce Hemsley )
- My Children, Elia Michael
- Maria, John Lars Zwerenz
- GETTING OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE., Changez Ndzai
- HOW FAR I HAVE COME!, Changez Ndzai
- BEHOLD THE FALL OF ANGLO-AMERICAN POWER!, alexander opicho
- The Old Dane Gun, Tony Adah
- Rijles, Madrason writer
- Game On Us, Malaya Roses
- MATHS; Mental Attack To Healthy Students?, Anishka Singh
- ಕುಮಾರ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)