As a white stone in the well's cool deepness
As a white stone in the well's cool deepness,
There lays in me one wonderful remembrance.
I am not able and don't want to miss this:
It is my torture and my utter gladness.
I think, that he whose look will be directed
Into my eyes, at once will see it whole.
He will become more thoughtful and dejected
Than someone, hearing a story of a dole.
I knew: the gods turned once, in their madness,
Men into things, not killing humane senses.
You've been turned in to my reminiscences
To make eternal the unearthly sadness.
Anna Akhmatova's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As a white stone in the well's cool deepness by Anna Akhmatova )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Road, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Love is really bliss, gajanan mishra
- Winter Song, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Words, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- A Song Of Earth, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- A COMPARISON BETWEEN BAD PEOPLE AND GOOD.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Henry eighth, lee fones
- Out of Jouissance II, Ali Ashjaee
- Out of Jouissance I, Ali Ashjaee
- An Ode to Madness, Ali Ashjaee