Dr John Celes
Ash Wednesday - Beginning of Lent
Let Lenten journey start with fast;
Let ashen crosses mark foreheads;
Let prayers fill our hearts and minds;
Let repentance, alms-giving drive!
Lord Jesus invites every soul
And heart and mind to change for good;
Reconcile with the Lord therefore;
Prepare your soul for His banquet!
Cleanse your soul from every sin;
By abstinence, add self-restraint;
Avoid all sins all through this lent;
Rend your heart, seeking God's mercy!
Resist temptations, devils bring;
Renew your spirit in Jesus;
Abstain from worldly needs of flesh;
Control desires for Christ's sake!
Let light of Christ remove darkness;
Do sacrifices as penance;
Let love of Christ strengthen our will;
Let grace of God afill each soul!
Let every wound of heart, mind, soul,
Be healed during this Lenten time;
Let's make this Lent with new vigour,
And make soul fit for God's Kingdom!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 15-02-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
to reconcile with God!
Comments about this poem (Ash Wednesday - Beginning of Lent by Dr John Celes )
- Dilemma, Gillian Commerford
- Living, Gillian Commerford
- सानसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Square, Frank Avon
- Shelling Peas on Boulders Beach [for my .., Gillian Commerford
- हार्थखिया मिनिदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- just orientation..many can be straighten.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Demented Souls (A re-submission), Valsa George
- King One - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- दिनैनि सानरेबाव, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)