Dr John Celes
Ash Wednesday - Beginning of Lent
Let Lenten journey start with fast;
Let ashen crosses mark foreheads;
Let prayers fill our hearts and minds;
Let repentance, alms-giving drive!
Lord Jesus invites every soul
And heart and mind to change for good;
Reconcile with the Lord therefore;
Prepare your soul for His banquet!
Cleanse your soul from every sin;
By abstinence, add self-restraint;
Avoid all sins all through this lent;
Rend your heart, seeking God's mercy!
Resist temptations, devils bring;
Renew your spirit in Jesus;
Abstain from worldly needs of flesh;
Control desires for Christ's sake!
Let light of Christ remove darkness;
Do sacrifices as penance;
Let love of Christ strengthen our will;
Let grace of God afill each soul!
Let every wound of heart, mind, soul,
Be healed during this Lenten time;
Let's make this Lent with new vigour,
And make soul fit for God's Kingdom!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 15-02-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
to reconcile with God!
Comments about this poem (Ash Wednesday - Beginning of Lent by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer
- The Muse, Midnights Voice