You’d rather see the wind through her hair
Than through the flag of your native land.
Her head has made yardbirds of haberdashers &
Haberdashers of the yardbirds.
Her eyes (& this might take a couple tries)
Her eyes with their lids & lashes
Are flightless birds
All the more enamored of each other
For being forever separated by her
Nose. Her green eyes
Mean there’s no mistaking their implicit yes.
Her slightly crooked teeth say
Symmetry’s overrated anyway.
Endangered species are her hands, her lips
Are worth your wild.
If her brastrap slips
Her shoulder smiles
While the elbow skin of my woman
Is sandpaper worn out
In removing the horror from my horoscope.
For shipwrecked cheeks.
She’s got the poise & posture
Of an abandoned lighthouse.
Her trim ankles rankle the tranquil
-ity of Main Street,
The Royal Cobbler has traced her feet...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ashley Effictio by David Rowe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -50, Ronjoy Brahma
- Woman's relation matters, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Altar Of Twilight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- alone! ! !, SALINI NAIR
- Grace, Jacque Hardison
- Conjure The Music, Margaret Alice Second
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -49, Ronjoy Brahma
- Inner Beauty Growing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak