Liilia Talts Morrison
Asia Plays Ya
Did you ever try tai chi,
Fenged and shue’d your lair so free,
Written haiku poems with glee,
Yinged your yang quite passively?
Did you brace the martial arts,
Waxed and washed karate cars,
Kung fu fought with scary vest?
Oh dear me, I need a rest!
Is your fountain filled with rocks,
Calm enough to knock your socks
Off the floor of bamboo wood?
Trust me, it can do much good.
Wind chimes, large silk prayer flags,
Bonsai trees with twists and crags
Surely do enhance your scene
And perhaps will cure your spleen.
Bellied statues made of jade,
Incense oils of finest grade,
Auras spawn like lotus’ bloom.
You won’t want to leave your room.
So when visiting a park,
Where tai chi does make its mark,
Try to think of higher ends.
On your life it all depends.
Tired of western fun and games?
Asian is your road to fame
Chinese checkers, mah jong too.
Look for pandas in the zoo.
At the end of your calm day
Think about the month of May.
Write a poem in haiku form,
For it’s only three lines long.
If you meditate and sigh,
Home invasions pass you by,
Specially because you buy
Long, mean swords of samurai.
Moral of this story is
If you wish a life of bliss
Keep on living in the west
And pretend that east is best.
Liilia Talts Morrison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asia Plays Ya by Liilia Talts Morrison )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- History Lesson, Steve Turner
Poem of the Day
- Winds Of Winter, Luo Zhihai
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum