Why is death with dignity seldom mentioned in our land?
Is the mere mention of assisted suicide illegal and banned?
In Oregon, Washington and Switzerland; it’s already there,
So Canadian media or politicians should not scare.
Why is this one human right denied with all government might?
Though they have abortion clinics killing babies day and night,
And a federal or provincial election almost every year,
The subject of death with dignity is avoided with great fear.
It seems as though our politicians never think that they will die,
Is this stupidity or policy where they demand we comply,
And like binding referendums, it will never be discussed,
As they look at us, mere mortals, as though with complete disgust.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ASSISTED SUICIDE by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Little Idol, Tosin Abegunde
- Her Life Runs Like a Red Silk Flag, Bruce Weigl
- A Ride To Forever, Faraj Nyandiko
- Elegy for Peter, Bruce Weigl
- parental guidance unfin, lee fones
- Missing of the Birds, Michael Lee Johnson
- Schizophrenia Night, Michael Lee Johnson
- late night vision, Gulsher john
- Rod-Strokes Survival, With a Deadly Hamm.., Michael Lee Johnson
- Kissing The Egg Shells of Dead Babies, A.j. Binash