ASSISTED SUICIDE RIDE... AUG 9TH,2013
Why are government officials so opposed to assisted suicide?
Have they been told by some activist to shut up and get on side?
Or does some holy religious law dominate the place?
And therefore those pompous holy rules pushed right in our face.
I’m not sure which is worse; men with long hair or women with tattoos,
Add that to dead alcoholics who couldn’t quit the booze,
Then add death-with-dignity pompously denied to one and all,
And life-long Ottawa appointed senators having a ball.
But now and then we catch a glimps of how things could be done,
But religious types may not agree and claim it’s too much fun,
I’m sorry and should appologize for having these awful thoughts,
No death-with-dignity from those high up, who act like despots.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (ASSISTED SUICIDE RIDE... AUG 9TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- -, سميح القاسم
- تقدموا, سميح القاسم
- Fearless, Omar Eldamsheety
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine
- Last Words, William Daryl Hine