Lawrence S. Pertillar
At A Picked Victim's Expense
Should be no excuse to use,
When one seems to be conscious...
Of abusing another,
In a domestic dispute.
No one drugged and discovered guilty of it,
Should be allowed easy access...
With empathy from others given.
Since there are just too many today,
Making attempts to escape from being adults.
Delusion is intoxicating with overwhelming evidence of it.
And too many addicted with it are dismissed.
As they are observed but not admitted to be mentally sick.
Although representing an indulged society,
Committed to denial and at a picked victim's expense.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At A Picked Victim's Expense by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- The X-Man, Dwitun Basumatary
- Wintertime, Damian Murphy
- One cloudy summer night, Kenneth Maswabi
- The Fog, Dwitun Basumatary
- Her sweet love, Kenneth Maswabi
- A Dying Victim, Margaret Alice Second
- The Witch of Willow Vale, David Lewis Paget
- TERA Rising, Dwitun Basumatary
- Shappired Demon, Dwitun Basumatary
- Across the Universe, Reagan A. Latumbo