Lawrence S. Pertillar
At A Picked Victim's Expense
Should be no excuse to use,
When one seems to be conscious...
Of abusing another,
In a domestic dispute.
No one drugged and discovered guilty of it,
Should be allowed easy access...
With empathy from others given.
Since there are just too many today,
Making attempts to escape from being adults.
Delusion is intoxicating with overwhelming evidence of it.
And too many addicted with it are dismissed.
As they are observed but not admitted to be mentally sick.
Although representing an indulged society,
Committed to denial and at a picked victim's expense.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At A Picked Victim's Expense by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
- My Prayer, Clive Blake
- AFTER THESE MISTS AND FOGS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Creek of death!, SALINI NAIR
- Your Coronation, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Love You, How To Say, Get It Sent Acro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Right To Prevail, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Scarecrow, Naveed Khalid
- Beav Cleave - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Hotel, Randy Resh
Poem of the Day
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)