Lawrence S. Pertillar
At A Picked Victim's Expense
Should be no excuse to use,
When one seems to be conscious...
Of abusing another,
In a domestic dispute.
No one drugged and discovered guilty of it,
Should be allowed easy access...
With empathy from others given.
Since there are just too many today,
Making attempts to escape from being adults.
Delusion is intoxicating with overwhelming evidence of it.
And too many addicted with it are dismissed.
As they are observed but not admitted to be mentally sick.
Although representing an indulged society,
Committed to denial and at a picked victim's expense.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At A Picked Victim's Expense by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Will Love You Forever, I Love My Wife Forever
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- English Words, V. K. Gokak
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Greeting, Clive Blake
- Duality!, SALINI NAIR
- Christmas Carol, Luo Zhihai
- ~Honesty~, E Nigma
- The Carwasher, Tony Adah
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -98, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Miss (The Little Things), Michael P. McParland
- Dr. Hans Dilcher, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love You So Deeply, Michael P. McParland
- I Love You So, Michael P. McParland