Back at home, and a year ago
it was uncertain, I hated
being at home and not knowing
if my future held my dreams.
A year ago seems just around
the corner, if I look hard enough
I can see my frustration, my hope,
my longing. But I am There,
and it is hard, and at home
this is clearer than ever.
And still I would not trade places,
wrapped in misery, in loneliness.
In silence I am still strong,
without my home, I can still live.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At home by Alicia Huang )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Choosing The Ring, Edward Kofi Louis
- My Wild God Blooms, Guillermo Veloso
- According To The Flesh, Edward Kofi Louis
- 52!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Between War And Freedom, Edward Kofi Louis
- For the first time, Joni Lenhart
- Slowly-so-Slowly,, Aftab Alam
- Her Spirit Sings for Him, Maia Padua
- I Am Cast To The Sky, Richard Provencher
- Sweet Victory, Edward Kofi Louis